I have received a trademark office action due to the use of CBD. What should I do?

Photo of Tomas Orsula

Written by Tomas Orsula

Senior Trademark Attorney

If you've received a US trademark office action related to the use of CBD, the likelihood of success hinges on the nature of your goods and the specific concerns outlined in the office action. One of the solutions might involve proving your goods contain less than a lawful amount of THC and, therefore, qualify as "hemp" products which can be sold across the whole of US commerce.

When facing this particular office action, seeking guidance from a trademark attorney with prior experience handling CSA refusals is strongly recommended.

Advice icon

Haven't found what you are looking for?

Our team of experienced trademark attorneys is here to help you! Simply send us an email outlining your request and we'll be happy to assist you.