How can I deal with an opposition to my trademark application?

Photo of Igor Demcak

Written by Igor Demcak

Founder & Trademark Attorney

If you've received a notice of opposition, it is advisable to hire a trademark attorney who can formulate a proper response and/or negotiate with the other party on your behalf.

Oppositions can oftentimes be resolved amicably by signing a settlement or co-existence agreement or by agreeing to leave out one infringing class of goods and services. If these options are not viable, oppositions can sometimes be challenged, for example, if the other party hasn't used the trademark for a substantial period of time.

Advice icon

Haven't found what you are looking for?

Our team of experienced trademark attorneys is here to help you! Simply send us an email outlining your request and we'll be happy to assist you.