If my trademark is dismissed due to a "Controlled Substances Act Refusal", can I do anything?

Photo of Jan Buza

Written by Jan Buza

Co-founder of Trama

If you've received a Controlled Substances Act (CSA) refusal from the USPTO, you can consider the following options:

  • Proving your goods qualify to be sold in the whole of US commerce, i.e. by submitting proof they contain less than a lawful amount of THC,
  • Abandoning federal trademark registration and choosing state trademark registration instead, choosing states where your goods are legal.
Advice icon

Haven't found what you are looking for?

Our team of experienced trademark attorneys is here to help you! Simply send us an email outlining your request and we'll be happy to assist you.