I have a trademark registered in Canada and the United States. What is the best way for expanding this protection to the UK and Europe?

Photo of Igor Demcak

Written by Igor Demcak

CEO & Legal Mind

You can appoint an attorney or a law firm to help you extend your trademark protection. They will file an individual application in the UK and the EU. Once the process is complete, you will receive two trademark certificates. Make sure your representative can file in both the UK and the EU; otherwise, you'll have to designate two representatives.

You can also use the Madrid System and file your application via WIPO; however, this option is generally less cost-effective if you need to file in less than five countries.

Advice icon

Haven't found what you are looking for?

Our team of experienced trademark attorneys is here to help you! Simply send us an email outlining your request and we'll be happy to assist you.