Can I submit new evidence or information as a part of an office action response?

Photo of Jan Buza

Written by Jan Buza

Co-founder of Trama

Yes, you can; in fact, sometimes, the only way to resolve an office action is to provide additional evidence or documents. Some examples include:

  • Market research, sales data or advertising materials proving the mark has acquired "distinctiveness through use",
  • Expert opinions suppoting your claim,
  • New (substitute) specimen,
  • Co-existence agreement or a similar permission from a third party to use the mark,
  • Lease or other agreements to prove your domicile address,
  • Excerpts from a Business Registry or certificated to clarify your legal entity designation.
Advice icon

Haven't found what you are looking for?

Our team of experienced trademark attorneys is here to help you! Simply send us an email outlining your request and we'll be happy to assist you.